VRF/MPLS on Linux

Brian Raaen nanog at rhemasound.org
Tue Aug 23 14:43:20 UTC 2011

Jared,
    Thank you for your reply.  The one issue I have is how can I label traffic to match a given table (i.e. ping VRF or snmp VRF).  I don't see any way this can be done with normal BSD sockets, finding a way to get my application to 'color' the traffic has been a little evasive.  The developers I am working with are using Mule for their data collection.  I would really prefer to add an MPLS tag to mark the traffic, but I will investigate what I can do using the Linux routing features and 802.1q tags.

---
Brian Raaen
Network Architect
braaen at zcorum.com