VRF/MPLS on Linux

nanog at rhemasound.org nanog at rhemasound.org
Tue Aug 23 13:45:43 UTC 2011

While I have found some information on a project called linux-mpls I am having a hard time finding any solid VRF framework for Linux.  I have a monitoring system that needs check devices that sit in overlapping private ip space, and I was wondering if there is anyway I could use some kind or VRF type solution that would allow me to label the "site" the traffic is intended for.  The upstream router supports VRF/MPLS, but I need to know how I can get the server to label the traffic.  I would appreciate any input.

---
Brian Raaen
Network Architect
braaen at zcorum.com