Prefix hijacking by Michael Lindsay via Internap

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sun Aug 21 03:41:33 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian
<ops.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> You could ask that they withdraw the prefixes and see if that works?

whois 46.96.0.0

inetnum:        46.96.0.0 - 46.96.39.255
netname:        LINKTEL-MAN-ETHERNET-EXTENSION
Updated:        2011-03-15   *************
e-mail:          noc at link-telecom.net

whois link-telecom.net

Domain Name: LINK-TELECOM.NET
Creation Date: 16-aug-2011  *************

Would YOU filter announcements from YOUR customer based solely on an
email request from noc at link-telecom.net?

The Spamhaus reports appear credible, as does the RIPE registration
issue with those prefixes. If I was InterNAP, I think I'd challenge my
customer about them. Start of business Monday morning.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004