What do you do when your Home ISP is down?

Justin Scott leviathan at darktech.org
Thu Aug 18 22:15:29 UTC 2011

> I am wondering what some of you guys do when your home
> ISP is down. At least those of you that don't give yourself internet.

If my primary connection is down, I switch to my backup.  At one
office we have both Comcast cable and Verizon FiOS so if one is out,
we just switch to the other.  It's possible, but no cases so far where
both were unavailable.  At home I have FiOS, and if it's down I switch
to a MiFi cellular hotspot (slow as balls compared to fiber, but it
lets me do what I need to do in a pinch).

-Justin