What do you do when your Home ISP is down?

Jay Nakamura zeusdadog at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 18:05:39 UTC 2011

Is it just me that has a hard time reading a paragraph when "there"
and "their" are misused?

Anyway, one time, I had a problem with a DSL line with AT&T, which had
a trouble ticket from a storm taking down the connection and they had
to replace a card somewhere.  They said it was fixed but it wasn't
working.  After looking at the router, I was pretty sure they messed
up the ATM PVC config on their side.  I had to wade through the level
1 support for 45 minutes of reboot this, change this before they sent
me to level 2.  I told the level 2 exactly what I thought, and he
said, hold on a sec, and said, yeah, you are right, I just fixed it,
try it now.  And it worked.  Wish I had a special license to bypass
all level 1 support....