What do you do when your Home ISP is down?

PC paul4004 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 17:30:10 UTC 2011

$big_national_ISP?

Well, most problems I see are major and not just routing to one other ISP.

My solution?  Pull out the smartphone and tether if I really need to get on
the web.  Otherwise I sleep it off or do something else.  I only call if
it's hours/days in duration, or likely isolated to my property (errors, sync
problems).  Someone else with more time than me can sit on the phone with
them to report it.

If it was a small mom/pop ISP with a clue, I'd probably call though.