Verizon Business - LTE?

Måns Nilsson mansaxel at besserwisser.org
Wed Aug 17 07:06:51 UTC 2011

Subject: Re: Verizon Business - LTE? Date: Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 01:25:05PM -0400 Quoting Christopher Morrow (morrowc.lists at gmail.com):
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Cameron Byrne <cb.list6 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  Really, any phone you buy free and clear without
> > subsidy and contract should work fine as a phone with a prepaid sim
>
> <cough>except for the fact that mobile carriers CAN do these monkey
> business moves</cough>
> (note that tmo seems to NOT do these things, at least in my experience
> so far, limited though it may be)

I'm watching this from across the Atlantic. Oh my, your carriers have
WAY to much say in how you use your telephones.  In Sweden, noone I
know of blocks tethering, a fully paid for unlocked phone can use any SIM,
and at least one carrier (Telenor) has unlimited data plans if you get
a premium  subscription.

While we still have to pay insane beyond belief "because-we-can" roaming
charges on data in Europe, data in ones own country is fairly cheap.

Written from bus and subway (yes, 3G coverage in tunnels) in Stockholm,
with small breaks when switching vehicles.
--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668