Verizon Business - LTE?

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Tue Aug 16 14:37:05 UTC 2011

As I understand it, data on a smartphone is "unlimited", but data on a non-phone device (called Broadband Access) is capped at 5GB.

At one time if you went over 5GB on a "broadband access" account they simply terminated your account.  This happened to me.

Then a class action lawsuit happened.  I got a check from VZ and they stopped terminating people for going over 5GB.  Instead, they charged some huge overages fees.  IIRC if you used a total of 10 GB (5GB over your allowance) it cost around $250.

Last time I checked, Verizon reduced their overage fees to something around $10/GB.  Cellular data service such as 1xRTT, EVDO, LTE, etc is great when your only other options are dialup or consumer satellite internet service.