Verizon Business - LTE?

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Tue Aug 16 14:24:06 UTC 2011

In a message written on Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:34:50PM -0400, Christopher Morrow wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 10:28 PM, chris <tknchris at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've apparently hit some kind of magic bw limit. My 4G LTE is now magically
> > fixed at max 1.5mbps
> >
> > Last month's usage was about 200gb.
> >
> > cmon verizon seriously :(
>
> they've been fairly public about 'unlimited' != "unlimited"

I have no issues with a cap, however I have huge issues when a
company is allowed to call a capped service "unlimited".  I think
it's straight up false advertising, and I really wish some state
AG's would take up the issue.

But what's more interesting is that Verizon's contract for LTE has
_the exact same cap as 3G service_, 5Gb.  If Chris is really getting
200Gb before being capped, that is impressive.

PCMag did the math, you can use up the 5GB alotment in 32 minutes
with LTE.  Seems like as the speeds get faster the cap should get
larger, doesn't it?