What is @SK

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Aug 15 13:40:22 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Kenneth Brody" <kenbrody at spamcop.net>

> Okay, so I guess I have to concede to George that it might not be so obvious
> that it doesn't need explaining. (Unless, of course, the original silence
> was due to the fact that everyone thought it was so obvious that it didn't
> need explaining.) :-)
>
> @SK is, was, and always will be, no more, and no less, than the "special
> key" name of the last keystroke read by filePro.
>
> Note that, because of this, it is true that @WLF processing will start with
> @SK set to the keystroke that caused the field to be left. However, @SK is
> more than just that.

Then you don't need to concede anything to George.

What you need to do is run off and *fix the documentation*.

Back in 96, when I reimplemented Multifile to use indexes instead of
doubly linked lists (so it wouldn't, y'know, break every 5 minutes), I
knew this, because I (now) remember having to do "sk=@sk" on the first
line of my @wlf routine (and I think this might have even predated "wlf*";
when did that happen?)... but I didn't remember it now, and the documentation
didn't say so at either time.

Cheers,
-- jra