NANOGers home data centers - What's in your closet?

Jake Khuon khuon at neebu.net
Mon Aug 15 02:25:57 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-08-14 at 19:07 -0700, Matthew Petach wrote:

> Of course, if he had local AC power available, it would kinda defeat one of
> the points of having PoE, which is to be able to put switches where there
> isn't a convenient AC drop to begin with.  ^_^;

True.  Leo's point of being able to centrally provide UPS has
merit.  I'm just a big believer in minimizing outage effect scope as
much as possible mainly because I know for a fact that if I took down my
house's central switch, my wife while understanding why she can't reach
outside her office would be quite annoyed that everything in her office
was unreachable.

--
/*=================[ Jake Khuon <khuon at NEEBU.Net> ]=================+
 | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers     /| / [~ [~ |) | | -------- |