OSPF vs IS-IS

jim deleskie deleskie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 13:34:49 UTC 2011

Having run both on some good sized networks, I can tell you to run
what your ops folks know best.  We can debate all day the technical
merits of one v another, but end of day, it always comes down to your
most jr ops eng having to make a change at 2 am, you need to design
for this case, if your using OSPF today and they know OSPF I'd say
stick with it to reduce the chance of things blowing up at 2am when
someone tries to 'fix' something else.

-jim