IPv6 end user addressing

Alexander Harrowell a.harrowell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 15:07:36 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 10 Aug 2011 14:57:54 Jeroen Massar wrote:
> PS: the more power to your kids if they can sniff the network for your
> 'adult content', decode it, and then actually watch it

Indeed; I'd be more interested in making sure that, say, you can
efficiently multicast the live footy to two different screens in the
house, and things work automatically so they get used.

I think we're operating on radically different Bayesian priors here and
I wonder if a European/American issue is involved.

(PS, can you buy a switch that will do production grade IPv6, i.e. with
things like RA guard, and not do IGMP-snooping?)

--
The only thing worse than e-mail disclaimers...is people who send e-mail
to lists complaining about them