ISP support for use of 4-byte ASNs in peering

Michael Hare michael.hare at
Tue Aug 9 11:15:51 CDT 2011

Granted I've never worked outside academia but the me3400 is otherwise a
cost effective gig-e demarc for very simple bgp multihoming.

They have made a strategic decision to not implement a simple software
update support RFC4893 [it has been 4 years] and to set an artificial
price point on entry.  Fine, that is their choice.  There are other
vendors offering 4 byte ASN in simliar products at or near this price
point and we'll probably have to move to them.