FTTH CPE landscape

Jamie Bowden jamie at photon.com
Fri Aug 5 12:28:32 UTC 2011

You don't have to use bridge mode for this (and the Actiontec router VZ supplies with FiOS is capable of doing bridge mode, but unless you jump through some fairly esoteric hoops, doing so breaks the guide and VOD, trust me on this...oh and you have to jump through them every time you reset the damn thing for any reason).  I set mine with my D-Link as the DMZ host and forward all traffic on all ports unimpeded to it, and it works; Poor Man's Bridge, but it works.

Jamie