FTTH CPE landscape

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Aug 4 22:43:58 UTC 2011

On Aug 4, 2011, at 2:55 PM, Dan White wrote:

> On 04/08/11 14:32 -0700, Owen DeLong wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 4, 2011, at 2:08 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:

You say waste, I say perfectly valid use.

> If you're dealing with business customers, then your usage versus wasted
> ratio is much higher and less of a concern, but what's the point? Are you
> trying to cut down on a large broadcast domain?

Why is it less of a waste to allocate a /30 to a business using a single public
IP than it is to a residence? This makes no sense to me.

I simply prefer the additional troubleshooting and other capabilities given
to me in a routed environment in most cases.

Owen