dynamic or static IPv6 prefixes to residential customers

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Thu Aug 4 01:12:04 UTC 2011

On 03/08/2011, at 11:25 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:

> [...]

We've gone with static /56 v6 ranges for customers.   Why?  Customers told us they wanted address stability.   Pretty much more than anything else.   Admittedly the people who opt'ed into the trial part are not typical customers, but it's something they were all fairly adamant about.

We're small globally, but we're the 5th largest broadband provider in Australia and we've actually gone and delivered IPv6 natively to our broadband customer base (as well as corporate and other clients).  We also sell only v6 capable ADSL CPE (ie. have actual firmware that works with dual stack broadband.

MMC