assume v6 available, average cost to implement

brunner at nic-naa.net brunner at nic-naa.net
Wed Aug 3 15:14:54 UTC 2011

Folks,

In the never ending game of policy whack-a-mole, we are offered the claim that
that the cost to a small to medium business to make its operational purpose
v6 address enabled is in the mid-five figures.

For those of you who do smb consults, some numbers to make a hypothetical
shop consisting of a quarter rack of gear running nothing more goofy than
a couple of applications on a couple of ports, basicially, a dbms plus a
bit of gorp, say in central Kansas, to which some provider, say Kansas
Telekenesis and Telefriend has just made v6 happy.

Having renumbered hq.af.mil some time ago, I'm expecting the 50k bogie to
add colons to some retail insurance office or mortuary in central Kansas
to be on the exceedingly good dope high side.

Thanks in advance for real numbers, which I'll sanitize before using to
attmept to keep one policy playpen slightly less crazy than normal.

Eric