How do you put a TV station on the Mbone? (was: Royal Wedding...)

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 18:26:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> [...]

Why not ? One can set conditions for doing multicast replication prior
to doing it, and they might include payment for services. We don`t
have a global Multicast RP for everyone to use, each operator chooses
if, how and when multicast streams are going into their RPs.

> Will they not complain about having their equipment utilization go up
> with no recompense -- for something that is only of benefit to commercial
> customers of some other entity?

Unicast streaming has done it already, as Vladis pointed out...

Rubens