New IPv6 survey released on labs.ripe.net

Martin Millnert millnert at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 19:21:44 UTC 2011

Mobile v6 folks,

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Kevin Day <toasty at dragondata.com> wrote:
> T-Mobile: Nokia N900 works great thanks to you(admittedly a dead-end from Nokia, but it works with the same level of shell script and kernel hacking that all N900 users expect)

Add the Nokia N97 to this list, with cellular/wifi support but no
tethering, etc. Also I don't think IPv6 support on WiFi is as
significant by at least two orders of magnitude as IPv6 support on the
cellular interfaces is.

A survey would be useful though:  Firmware, IPv6 support ( WiFi /
cellular ), v4/v6 tethering / hot spot operations, etc. I don't see
how it can hurt to provide the middle ground between manufacturers and
operators by having such a survey in this regard. Cameron probably has
more to add (and some that he can't even if he wanted to, I guess).

Marco H, understanding your reasons for wanting to keep CPE survey
separate from what Cameron suggested, what's your opinion on doing a
clone of the survey? (At some level, having not one but two of these
surveys should attract you :) )

Best,
Martin