Outage Management/Log Book

Payam Poursaied me at payam124.com
Mon Apr 25 17:30:25 UTC 2011

Hi
Otrs seems to be a ticketing system. We are using RT (bestpractical)
as our ticketing system and our monitoring guys use RT to issue a
trouble ticket to our maintenance team.
Sometimes something happened by our upstream provider and for example
in less than 7 minutes resolved.
In all cases monitoring staff log the start time, type of failure and
resolved time in thei log-book. Later they tried to put these data
including the affected sites and it would be used to create mane
reports regarding sites uptime.

S I'm looking for an application with very easy and handy interface to
simulate their log book for outages.
I can create some custom fields in our RT to maintain these data, but
there are some problems:
1- not all of the incidents are recorded in our ticketing system,
because they should be followed by someone out of our system
2- some problems may get resolved in a few minutes, I.e. By. Phone
call. So, creating a ticket may not make sense.
3- the interface of RT is not good enough to be used as a fast
log-book system for our outage