best of breed nowadays in DPI space?

Rogelio scubacuda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 13:06:15 UTC 2011

I have been recently researching DPI for several projects I am working
on, and I recently came across this "shoot out" between several
vendors in 2009

http://www.internetevolution.com/document.asp?doc_id=178633&page_number=1

Procera (at that time) emerged "the winner" for its ability to process
P2P traffic (out of 15 participants), and I was wondering what new
players, features, or products others might point me to. I am looking
for something that does reporting *and* DPI in a distributed
environment.  That means, I might have several DPI gateways around the
country that need to roll up their reporting into one main one.  (I
also have some other requirements as far as measuring churn reduction
and cellular offloading, but I'm not sure that any of the DPI
solutions can really do that well.)

If anyone has any good contacts in this space, please let me know and
I might discuss with them in more detail these opportunities that I'm
looking for.

--
Also on LinkedIn?  Feel free to connect if you too are an open
networker: scubacuda at gmail.com