Anyone still maintaining altdb.net?

Bret Palsson bret at getjive.com
Wed Apr 20 15:51:30 UTC 2011

Really... Please provide support? Below is the response I got on April 11. I don't need a tutorial on how to use the service...

"#ERROR: New maintainers must be added by a DB administrator.
Forwarding new request to db-admin at altdb.net"

If it takes weeks for a maintainer record to be added, the service really isn't helping people which is why I offered to be part of that service a volunteer.

Frankly I am shocked you would make such comments as:
> There is infact more than 1 person volunteering for AltDB, but from what
> I can see of this April 11th email, it falls into the "please provide
> support" category. :)

I really was requesting: Please do what you signed up to do and add my object. If you need more people to help with this process, I'm available and would be more than happy to help out, as I do in every position I volunteer in.

I've waited 9 days which isn't a lot compared to others I've talked with who have waited many weeks or have had no response at all.

I also realize people have lives and can't do things on demand when they are a volunteer. However for a service to be a service responsibility must lie with someone. If no one takes responsibility the service becomes unusable and actually becomes a disservice.

I appreciate Jon Lewis's response it was much more helpful to know of other free services that I can support vs. the non-helpful response I got from you.

I only posted to nanog about altdb.net becaus altdb was created by nanog members. I like to support nanog and the services the community provides.

---- Actual results below -----
Your transaction has been processed by the
IRRd routing registry system.

Diagnostic output:

The submission contained the following mail headers: