Comcast's 6to4 Relays

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Apr 20 12:47:00 UTC 2011

The better solution to that problem is to get additional 6to4 relays deployed closer to India. Perhaps encouraging Tata to take some leadership in that area, for example.

I do not believe that the opening of the Comcast relays will harm BGP best path selection for the 6to4 prefix except in rather broken and/or pathological cases of BGP best path selection. Those cases should be relatively easy to identify and correct locally without preventing Comcast from significantly improving the 6to4 situation for the areas they serve by opening their relays.

I applaud John for his leadership in this area and I think the IPv6 work being done by Comcast sets a good example for the community. As a Comcast customer, praising Comcast does not come easy to me, but, in this area, they are doing excellent things and should be commended.

Owen

Sent from my iPad