IPv4 address exchange

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Apr 20 01:53:31 UTC 2011

On Apr 19, 2011, at 9:08 PM, Peter Thimmesch wrote:

> John,
>
> Please note that we have filed our proposal for accreditation of IP address
> registrars with ICANN over a month ago. (Please see ICANN's Correspondence
> Page, Letters from David Holtzman to David Olive and John Jeffrey, filed 2
> March 2011, Proposed Statement of IP Policy)
> <http://www.icann.org/en/correspondence/statement-ip-address-registrar-accre
> ditation-policy-31mar11-en.pdf>

Excellent.  Thanks for pointing that out to the Nanog community.

> In addition we pointed out, in our opinion, that the current process for
> reviewing and approving a Global Policy is somewhat skewed towards the
> Regional Internet Registries. Hence we requested that due to this obvious
> and readily apparent Conflict-of-Interest (yes, I expect you will disagree
> with even this, which is so clear that to debate this would be simply too
> much even by the new standards that you have set recently in your online
> arguments with Prof. Mueller) we explore other forums to have the merits of
> the proposal aired.

I'm certain that such forums will support multi-stakeholder, private sector
led, bottom-up policy development, so that this community can participate
in consideration of the merits.  Perhaps you can elaborate how the Nanog
community can get involved and provide feedback on the proposal?

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO