365x24x7

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Apr 18 15:53:04 UTC 2011

The best schedule I ever worked for this was divided into essentially 2 teams:

SMTW and WTFS

There were 3 shifts on each team, though, that could be load adjusted by creating
additional time slots.

The nice thing about the SMTW/WTFS structure was that we always had overlap
on Wednesday which we would take advantage of for training, maintenance,
or other "crew-heavy" things that occasionally needed to get done.

Training would take 2 weeks with the A-shfit one week and the B shift the following
week (or vice versa).

We ran 10-hour shifts (there's a provision for 4 10 hour shifts not involving overtime
pay if agreed ahead of time). Shifts ran 9p-8a, 6a-5p, and 11a-10p with the
crews staggering their lunches.

Owen