Yahoo! Mail Issue

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Tue Apr 12 04:47:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Nathanael C. Cariaga
<nccariaga at stluke.com.ph> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It seems that we're having some problems receiving emails from selected
> Yahoo! Mail Accounts.  I noticed that there is a commonality between the
> accounts that fails when sending an email to our domain (see email header
> below)

Um...it might be easier to get mail, if your host didn't close
the connection with a 5xx error.  :/

mpetach at hinotori:~> host -t mx stluke.com.ph
stluke.com.ph mail is handled by 20 qc.stluke.com.ph.
stluke.com.ph mail is handled by 20 mx1.stluke.com.ph.
stluke.com.ph mail is handled by 40 gc.stluke.com.ph.
mpetach at hinotori:~> nslookup qc.stluke.com.ph.
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   qc.stluke.com.ph
Address: 219.90.94.56

mpetach at hinotori:~>

mpetach at opstools1:~> telnet 219.90.94.56 25
Trying 219.90.94.56...
Connected to static-host-219-90-94-56.tri.ph.
Escape character is '^]'.
ehlo yahoo.com
554 SMTP synchronization error
Connection closed by foreign host.