internet probe can track you within 690 m

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Mon Apr 11 20:36:18 UTC 2011

On Apr 11, 2011, at 4:25 PM, Scott Morris wrote:

>   Aren't they already confused enough when any time I use my EVDO or 3G
>   Tether that someone believes I've been magically transported to New
>   Jersey or wherever the handoff is?   ;)
>   Understand the logic behind it, but you probably statistically have
>   just as much chance of being correct as you do incorrect.

Just like the old days with AOL & their proxies.  There are not as many 3G or proxy / VPN users are there are standard users.  Therefore, it works - mostly.  (Or can work, I have no idea if the particular company / tool under discussion is actually useful.)

Data is data.  It can be misinterpreted, but it is still data.

--
TTFN,
patrick