Level 3 Agrees to Purchase Global Crossing

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Mon Apr 11 16:24:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, David Coulson wrote:

> Wasn't there a telco CEO who would blow that much in strip clubs? Savvis
> springs to mind, but I don't remember.

I seem to recall several dot-com-era CxOs spending very lavishly on
themselves, or getting their employers to give them large 'loans' that
were never paid back.  Ken Lay, Jeff Skilling, Bernie Ebbers, Gary
Winnick, Joe Nacchio, etc...

The story of former Tyco CEO Dennis Kozlowski spending $2 million on his
wife's 40th birthday party springs to mind...  Tyco paid for half of it,
under the guise of the party being a shareholder meeting...

jms