Bubba is a 75 year old woman looking to make some extra cash

Jason Baugher jason at thebaughers.com
Thu Apr 7 22:14:31 UTC 2011

We had someone come into a cell site and strip out all the outside
ground leads. Oddly enough they left the ground bars themselves, which
would have been much more worthwhile. Maybe they came unprepared and
only had clippers.

Also, several years ago a building in our area was being renovated, and
someone snuck in during the night and stripped the wires from the main
service panel. I wouldn't think the amount of copper there would be
worth the time, but some people aren't too bright.

We also had a 180' monopole that we replaced, and the crew laid the old
monopole down on the ground with all the equipment still in place. We
didn't get to it to remove our antennas for a few weeks, and when we
did, we found that someone had stripped out 3 runs of 1 5/8" coax from
inside the tower.

Needless to say, all of our copper reels are locked up to keep them from
walking off during the night.

I'd think that unless someone could get access to a LOT of copper all at
one place, and fairly easy to get to, that it wouldn't be worth the time
and effort.

Jason