Bubba is a 75 year old woman looking to make some extra cash

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Thu Apr 7 18:54:21 UTC 2011

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/06/georgian-woman-cuts-web-access

Babushkas can be quite mean, though mostly it's shopping bags that are
their preferred tools of assault. ;-)

 From TA:
"The cable is owned by the Georgian railway network. It is heavily
protected"

I don't think that's true, you can't really heavily guard every stretch
of cable since it spans such a long distance. There will always be weak
spots.

 From TA:
"Pulling up unused copper cables for scrap is a common means of making
money in the former Soviet Union."

This is common in the Netherlands too nowadays and other countries too I
am sure. Because copper has gone up in price considerably. In the
Netherlands especially copper lines along railroad tracks are removed,
disabling alert systems with obvious dangerous results.

Regards,
Jeroen

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/