IPV6 Training Books

Niclas Zeising niclas.zeising at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 20:20:54 UTC 2011

On 2011-04-04 21:43, Michael Ruiz wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>                 I am looking for some good reading material to get a better understanding of IPV6.  I know how to convert HEX into decimal format.  What I am looking for is how to under the CIDR notation and break them out into subnets.   Thank you in advance.
>
> MAR.

Hi!
While not a IPv6 exclusive book, the TCP/IP Guide by Charles M. Kozierok
has an overview of most topics related to TCP/IP. It might not be very
detailed, but it is usually detailed enough. The book can be found
online here http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/index.htm , so as long as you
don't mind sitting by the computer and reading, you don't need to buy it.

The following section
http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_InternetProtocolVersion6IPv6IPNextGenerationIPng.htm
talks about IPv6, and amongst other things the addressing scheme.

HTH!
--
Niclas