RIP Justification

Scott Morris swm at emanon.com
Thu Sep 30 13:50:05 UTC 2010

 One would assume you aren't doing this for nostalgic reasons.  At least
I would hope that!

Like anything, if you decide to vary outside the 'accepted norms', then
have  a reason for it!  Understand your technology, understand your
topology (re: before about RIP not needing peered neighbors whereas OSPF
does) and you may have your justification.

If it's for nostalgia or "just because", then I'd say everyone agrees
that RIP has passed its usefulness!

Scott