RIP Justification

Brandon Kim brandon.kim at brandontek.com
Wed Sep 29 21:22:03 UTC 2010

I see nothing wrong with using RIPV2 for small networks as it is more dynamic and faster convergence.
As for RIPv1, I think we can all say, RIP!! (no pun intended) Ok yes it was intended.... LOL...

I think some engineers get lost in the "whatever is newer is better" and you don't need to use a complicated
protocol for small simple networks. Now, you should think ahead if that's possible and if you do know it can
get complicated, you can implement the right protocol from the start.

I have not heard about RIPv3. I suppose I should start looking into it......