AS11296 -- Hijacked?

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Wed Sep 29 20:06:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:26 AM, N. Yaakov Ziskind <awacs at ziskind.us> wrote:

> And, even if it *is* unreasonable, well, his network, his rules, right?
>
> "I block all SMTP traffic from IPV4 servers (clients?) which have odd
> numbers in the third octet." might not be a good idea for a high volume
> mail server with clients, but if it's your network, go for it.

Except that this thread started with a recommendation to block  an entire
AS, containing a reasonable number of networks.

Recommendations such as that are only as credible as the source they are
coming from, and knowing that the person making the request also believes
that blocking all mail from gmail.com is a valid anti-spam technique
probably results in a "different" credibility level than one might otherwise
have.

  Scott.