Randy in Nevis

Chris Boyd cboyd at gizmopartners.com
Wed Sep 29 08:01:00 CDT 2010

On Sep 29, 2010, at 7:26 AM, John Peach wrote:

> With IANA?
> It's common knowledge that 465 is smtps, whatever else IANA might say.

Here's what they've had to say over time:

Says it's "unassigned."

Then they assign it to "URL Rendezvous" a few months after that.

We currently support SMTP submission over 465 since there are still some old cranky Outlook versions out there that simply don't appear to be able to support connecting to 587, but it's been 18 months since we got a call like that, so we'll probably be shutting that off soon.