AS11296 -- Hijacked?

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Sep 29 11:22:57 UTC 2010

Heath Jones <hj1980 at gmail.com> wrote:

>Out of curiosity, what led you to this conclusion?

A number of factors, actually.

Although I had started to type up a lengthy and elaborate response to
your eminently reasonable question, on second thought, I don't think
that I actually want to go into detail on this case, as anything I
might say as regards to how I detected this would just allow future
hijackers to evade me that much more effectively.

So I'm sorry to be giving you a non-answer, but actually, I think that's
best for now.

In any case, further discussion of this particular case now appears to
be moot.  As of now, it appears that AS11296 is no longer announcing any
routes at all, so I'm assuming that Nishant Ramachandran (Xeex/AS27524)
and/or whoever else may have been involved in this has now been adequately
spanked.  (And my personal thanks go out to whoever did that.)

Regards,
rfg

P.S.  Yes, I actually _am_ blocking inbound e-mail from google/gmail.
Too much spam from there, and far too little action to correct the
abundant problem(s).  (Can you spell E-V-I-L?)  Also blocked here:
Yahoo and Hotmail, for the same reasons. (To big to fail?  No.  Just
too big to care.  They don't need me, and I sure as hell don't need
them.)

I guess you don't have a real mail server of your own that you can use.
For that, you have my sympathies.