Online games stealing your bandwidth

Brandon Butterworth brandon at rd.bbc.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 19:54:27 UTC 2010

> > I fail to see the point. If an ISP needs to add caches they may
> > as well just add a simple, cheaper, standard, http cache.
>
> It's a bang-per-buck issue, and depends highly on whether your
> particular network sees more HTTP or P2P traffic.

Orly.

No, I mean if there have to be caches why use p2p in the first place,
once there's a network of caches p2p becomes a more complicated http
and that model has been well optimised by some.

I know the people stealing things don't want to pay akamai but games
charging for access are a different matter.

brandon