Software-based Border Router

Fletcher Kittredge fkittred at staff.gwi.net
Sun Sep 26 21:21:57 UTC 2010

Another big problem for Linux/Unix-based routers of this size/cost is
upgrade-ability.   If you need to add cards, you are going to have to bring
the router down for extended periods.   Likewise, a software upgrade can be
a bigger deal than on a purpose designed router.   If a router is mission
critical, Linux/Unixed-based has issues over extended periods.

regards,
Fletcher

--
Fletcher Kittredge