Routers in Data Centers

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Fri Sep 24 17:16:23 UTC 2010

the power/cooling budget for a rack full of router vs a rack
full of cores might be distinction to make.  I know that
historically, the data center operator made no distinction
and a client decided to "push past the envelope" and replaced
their kit with space heaters.  most data centers now are fairly
restrictive on the power/cooling budget for a given footprint.

--bill