Routers in Data Centers

James P. Ashton james at gitflorida.com
Fri Sep 24 12:47:14 UTC 2010

The biggest difference that I see is that you generally use different resources in a Datacenter. (Colo Datacenter).

 For example, I run out of HSRP groups on a 6500 long before I run out of ports or capacity.  I don't need to worry about QoS much but a less complex rate limit command (As opposed to Policing) is very useful. Also, Front to back cooling is optimal in a Datacenter and often not available.

James