Active Directory requires Microsoft DNS?

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Mon Sep 20 16:02:34 UTC 2010

On 9/20/2010 9:13 AM, Matlock, Kenneth L wrote:
> You MAY be able to duplicate all the records in BIND, but expect random
> things to not work, and have to do a bunch of research figuring out what
> DNS query it's doing, and what the proper answer is.

The AD server will populate out the necessary records to the dDNS
server. I setup an empty base dDNS subdomain and everything was
populated out by the AD server. Handles a long list of SRV records, and
v4/v6 forwards were automatically populated for both servers and clients.

I have a very basic setup, which works perfectly for my needs. As to if
more advanced features are broken by using BIND, I have no idea.

Jack