Did Internet Founders Actually Anticipate Paid, Prioritized

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Fri Sep 17 14:13:48 UTC 2010

> > Will the provider unbundle the components so that it's feasible for a
> > niche vendor to sell me custom connection services?
> >
> > No?
> >
> > Then the provider doesn't get to decide.
> >
> > It's about control. As the customer, the guy with the green, I should
> > have it. A combination of decisions on the provider's part which
> > strips me of control is unacceptable.
> >
> > You want prioritization? Give me unbundling. You don't want to
> > unbundle? Don't mess with my packets.
>
> If you want control: Don't buy the cheapest commodity product.

You think it won't happen with all the other tiers of commodity products?

That seems to imply that you think people who don't want to suffer this
sort of thing need to buy something like a T1?

Let me just sum it up for you: Get real.

Rather than allowing service providers to pick and choose who subscribers
can communicate with, we're much more likely to see regulation intervene
to enforce reasonable rules.

... JG