AT&T Hiccup

J. Oquendo sil at
Fri Sep 10 11:49:32 CDT 2010

Alright, since things are mighty quiet on a Friday (either that or
everyone on NANOG is now blacklisted somehow and I'm not getting mail),
I'd figure to go the PITA route (as usual) and I'd ask a simple question
worthy of the mandatory responses of: "on topic questions are not the
topic of this list!", "this is not the outage list", "how is this
related to networking operations"

Did anyone see AT&T flake off the face of the map within the last 30-40
minutes? I know I did! (Seriously I did I did!)

Client: "We has no Internet"
Me: thinking to myself... "they need to call their provider... Due
diligence tracepath/ping/isitdownforeveryoneorjustme time... Global -->
AT&T looks sketchy"

# tracepath 12.200.xx.xx

 3: (      asymm  4   3.416ms
 4: (            asymm  7 141.179ms
 5:  no reply
 6:  no reply
 NO REPLY 24 more x
31:  no reply
     Too many hops: pmtu 1500
     Resume: pmtu 1500

AnotherClient (seconds later): "We has no VoIP"
Me: thinking to myself... "Damnit GBLX not again"

Another_Nother_Client (like even seconds after the first: "We has no p2p!"
Me: "time to tweet this question... No... post it to facebook... No -
make sure I update LinkedIn... wait?! NANOG"

Common denominator... All were on AT&T. So, was it only me or did one of
AT&T's cores take a long (3-5 minute) hiccup.

Post WTFH:

# tracepath 12.200.xx.xx

 3: (      asymm  4   3.774ms
 4: (          asymm  7 189.496ms
 5: (                      asymm  7   5.979ms
 6: (                  asymm  9  20.088ms
 7: (                asymm  9  19.585ms
 8: (               asymm  7  10.234ms
 9: (                        asymm  8  24.811ms
10: (12.200.xx.xx)                          asymm  9
29.104ms reached
     Resume: pmtu 1500 hops 10 back 9

Just wanted to know if someone else saw it. All clients were spread
through the 12.x.x.x block not solely on 12.200.x.x

J. Oquendo

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to
ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things
differently." - Warren Buffett

227C 5D35 7DCB 0893 95AA  4771 1DCE 1FD1 5CCD 6B5E