Copyright Enforcement DoS/DDoS Attacks

khatfield at socllc.net khatfield at socllc.net
Thu Sep 9 19:59:52 UTC 2010

He mentioned doing work (for hire) in AU and such. I think he may be in for a rude awakening since our past experience with the Australian authorities is they are more active chasing ddos/cyber-crimes than the U.S. Those guys pull out all the stops to prosecute. (Which I am happy to see)

Sadly, here in the U.S. you have little to no chance of getting assistance unless the client is a bank or very public company. In fact, that doesn't always work. (Even with direct FBI contacts in multiple field offices)

Kind of a shame..  We are likely already tracking his botnets so I almost welcome it as well. Out of curiosity, I did pull some stats over the last 60 days and we have seen more attacks originating from the India area than we have seen in the past 12 months.

Maybe it's a coincidence. I would almost bet this guy has never carried out an attack in his life and simply trying to gain some publicity. *shrug*