IPv4 squatters on the move again?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Sep 7 14:03:00 UTC 2010

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:

> We see this all the time, usually it involves either a /20 or multiple-/xx
> that change every month.

If they want frequently changing IPs, it's almost certainly for spamming.

I got the impression with these people they were just trying to get a
bunch of SWIPs in order to go to ARIN and request as big a block of ipv4
as they could get with the intent to chop it up and resell it in pieces as
soon as ARIN runs out of IPs to satisfy normal requests.

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |