IPv6 Glue Records at OpenSRS/Tucows

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Sep 6 01:20:33 UTC 2010

On Sep 5, 2010, at 2:22 AM, Martin Hotze wrote:

>> Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 11:17:36 -0400
>> From: Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net>
>> Subject: Re: IPv6 Glue Records at Dotster / Domain.com
>>
>> Opensrs also suffers from lack of v6 glue disease. Last I saw on their
>> forums it said "coming soon" for about a year.
>
> IBTD. We register our domains with them (Tucows/OpenSRS) and we got the entry, but you have to contact support and it is done manually. Check my domain hotze.com for proving it.

Appears someone just posted that to the thread.  Sorry, I've not considered that their "official" thread where their EVP says "oops, we've dropped the ball" would not hold better data in this case.

Either way, it's lingered on for a year and I hesitate to go through a manual process at this point with a registrar in 2010 to add this glue.  Once someone gets back my AA answer, they will have the AAAA address at this point, and can utilize that.  It will not drive as much v6 traffic as if the glue were there, but at the same time, I guess I need to move my business elsewhere.

Not something I'm looking forward to moving, but I guess it's about time.... I've given them a year to demonstrate progress.  It's not like they have to IPv6 enable anything other than their database

I'm sure one of my "dns buddies" will offer me a deal to move my domains to them.

- Jared