just seen my first IPv6 network abuse scan, is this the start for more?

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Fri Sep 3 19:41:54 UTC 2010

On Sep 4, 2010, at 12:19 AM, Steven Bellovin wrote:

> See http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb/papers/v6worms.pdf

I've seen it and concur with regards to worms (which don't seem to be very popular, right now, excepting the 'background radiation' of old Code Red, Nimda, Blaster, Nachi, SQL Slammer, et. al. hosts).  I believe that hinted scanning is still viable, and I'd argue that the experience of the OP who kicked off this thread is an indication of same.

 	       Sell your computer and buy a guitar.