just seen my first IPv6 network abuse scan, is this the start for more?

Igor Ybema igor at ergens.org
Fri Sep 3 12:02:21 UTC 2010

> Sheng Jiang has discussed this issue in his draft:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jiang-v6ops-nc-protection-01

If I understand the RFC correctly it is based on an attack within the
same subnet. Looks a lot like arp-flooding.

However this scan was from a external host. The only traffic I saw on
the subnet was normal/valid NA lookups from the router towards an
increasing IPv6-address (starting with ::1, then ::2 etc). On the
router side I clearly saw the icmp traffic from the source doing a
scan on these destination hosts. None of these IPv6 addresses are
alive so no succes in scanning for comprised machines.

regards, Igor