ICMPv6 rate limits breaking PMTUD (and traceroute) [Re: Comcast enables 6to4 relays]

Franck Martin franck at genius.com
Thu Sep 2 00:10:40 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----

Well I have an issue with a MTU of 1434 on a 6to4 link, but on my return path (I'm a client using an airport).

The MTU seems real odd, and it fails all the time, but then I notice, some time of the day it is ok, so may be it coincide with load on the relay?

I have the strong feeling this is exactly what I'm experiencing...

I can provide extensive debug information if interested, but do not want to bore the list with details...